Thursday 25 February 2010

At Colette Patterns: 'Internal Contrasts'

If your fabric stash is anything like mine, a good percentage of it is made up of less-than-a-metre pieces and big scraps that are super nice but difficult to make anything from aside from bag linings. Well, I've been getting my thinking cap on and have been coming up with some ideas of how they can be worked into a garment making project. I plan to write a series of posts for the Colette Patterns blog on this matter, the first of which covers the idea of using cute contrasting fabric for internal details like pocket bags and skirt facings. Ch-ch-ch-check it out!

3 comments:

Drop Stitches Not Bombs said...

I love the idea of secret details in clothing - they are often what I get most excited about in fancy designer pieces.

Gail said...

I need to watch this space. I have loads of pieces ranging from 20cms to 1mt that were either bought as remnants (the larger ones) or are scraps from completed garments- too good to throw out, too small to be useful.

Tilly said...

Hi Zoe, thanks for this tip. By the way, I've awarded you a Kreativ Blogger award - check it out at http://tillyandthebuttons.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...