Friday 14 August 2015

Refashion Friday: The Refashioners 2015 Result!


If you are even vaguely interested in refashioning, then you've probably already been flipping out over the Refashioners 2015 series on Portia's Makery blog. The big reveals of the shirt challenge results are filtering in, one per weekday, throughout August. There's been some amazing and truly inspirational projects so far, including Elisalex from By Hand London's reworking of the swiss dot Farah shirt I sent her. 


So, it's time to share my shirt transformation! I started out with this bias-cut gingham dress shirt (picture above) which I turned into the toddler shirt dress you can see in the other pictures in this post. It was probably no surprise to you all that I made something for Dolores. I make no apologies for that as I know it's going to see a good amount of use, and I refuse to make anything these days that I don't think will be worn (by someone at least!). 



The shirt I was sent felt quite preppy to me and the fabric has quite a lot of body, so those things helped me figure out what approach to take with the project. If you want to read more about how I went about this refashion, check out the full post on Portia's blog here


Don't forget: you can take part yourself by submitting a shirt refashion. You could end up winning a truly ridiculous amount of sewing-related prizes, which is now worth something like £700 (including my Dolores batwing pattern, donchaknow!). If you have even a vague idea of something you could do with an old shirt, then you may as well have a pop! And if you don't have an idea, go on Pinterest to get some inspiration (my Refashioning Project Ideas board has some crackers). Good luck! 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I see that shot of her running it makes me happy! As always an awesome refashion. Thank you so much lovely! Px

Unknown said...

Every time I see that shot of her running it makes me happy! As always an awesome refashion. Thank you so much lovely! Px

Mother of Reinvention said...

What a beautiful dress. It looks lovely on Dolores. Shirting cotton is such a nice fabric. Xx

Linda said...

Such a cute dress! It's a great refashion:) And little Dolores is lovely. X

Anonymous said...

This is utterly adorable! It'd be a great refashion for reusing the slimmer-fit shirts sported by my skinnier mates! x

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to see what you had done, what a lovely surprise! HOW adorable is your little one in diagonal checks?! Cute and a half. You did a lovely job with this.

Sonja said...

Absolutely darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...