Saturday 3 October 2015

Happy Birthday to the Dolores Batwing Pattern: Stripes!

The Dolores batwing pattern was released the day after human-form Dolores turned one year old. Now the pattern-form Dolores is turning one! I've previously shared some awesome versions of the pattern made by other people in solids and prints. To celebrate its birthday today, I want to show you some examples from my favourite interpretation of the pattern: stripes!


(image source: Marilla Walker)

Ahh! This long-sleeved stripy Dolores top is the stuff (my) dreams are made of. This outfit of Marilla's is monochrome perfection, don't you think? 



This is Juliette's third version of the Dolores batwing pattern, and in her own words it 'feels like wearing pajamas, but way more classy'! With that pixie cut and awesome glasses, I imagine Juliette looks classy in her actual pajamas as well. 


(image source: Vondalin123 via Flickr)

More monochrome amazingness. Vondalin123 has created a more casual vibe with her short-sleeved Dolores top by omitting the cuff bands. I salute her (and will probably copy her too at some point!). 


(image source: Fabric Tragic)

Well look at this super cute little 'Where's Wally/Waldo?' number! Giveaway winner Sarah from Fabric Tragic lowered the front neckline slightly for this short-sleeved beauty, and then proceeded to pair it a dark grey Simplicity 2451 skirt (my second favourite skirt pattern of all time, BTW) and some of the nicest shoes I have ever seen. 


7 comments:

Almost a Hippy said...

What nice versions. Happy birthday to Dolores, person and pattern. I have just made a couple of these and I love the pattern. Xox

Knitlass said...

Happy Birthday Dolores x2!!

Love those stripes, and currently hoarding a gorgeous white/grey striped jersey... Hmm, what to make?!

vondalin said...

I'm featured on your bolg, how exciting, thank you. I love the Dolores pattern, its my go to tshirt pattern, Ive make about 7 and everyone should try it. Happy Bithday to both Dolores.

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern so much! I made 4 long sleeved versions last fall and winter and LIVED in them during the cold months.

Fabric Tragic said...

Ha! I did feel very Wallyesque in my stripes. But my favourite version is my long sleeve leopard print! Thanks for featuring me and thanks again for the pattern :)

Mother of Reinvention said...

That is a lovely pattern. I do love a good striped top and your pattern is perfect for them. Xx

Juliette said...

Dolores really is such a great pattern! I'm actually wearing the first version I made as I'm typing this. I love that it's so easy to make and yet results in garments both classy and super easy to wear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...